Have you ever toyed with the about of trying your luck at the casino? Have you ever dreamt about playing a perfect hand? While there really are no guarantees, with a little advice and some practice, you can walk away a winner in blackjack…if you play your cards right.
The basic blackjack playing strategy mixes a set of rules that inform you of the best way to play every single hand that is dealt to you when the only information available to you is your hand and the dealer’s upcard.
This strategy is mathematically correct and maximises the chance of you bagging a lot of money whilst minimising the amount you lose. The reason we are saying that it’s mathematically correct is that blackjack is ultimately a mathematical game with a fixed set of rules.
Here’s a recap of the terminology used in blackjack:
- Hit: Ask for another card. You will be able to ask for a hit until you make a decision to stand or else bust.
- Stand: Decide that you take no extra cards. The dealer is then able to play this hand.
- Double Down: Double the value of your bet + an extra card + stand.
- Split: If you have two cards of exactly the same value, you are then able to split them into two separate hands. The bet is the same as the first bet so basically doubling your bet.
- Surrender: You may surrender half your bet if you think you will probably lose the hand.
- Insurance: If the dealer’s up card is an Ace, you can take insurance, which is a bet that is half the amount of your original bet. You are essentially wagering on the dealer getting a blackjack.
Conservative Blackjack Strategy
The absolute best way to play blackjack is to begin with what a conservative approach. Because finding the correct way to handle betting in blackjack is key to long-term fun. As with many blackjack strategies suggest, you should increase the stakes only when things go well and any possible losses are compensated by the money you have already won, not the one you may win if you get lucky.
In other words, increase your bet every time you win.
Blackjack is a gambling game so there are definitely no patterns for you to exploit or streaks which you can use to win more money every single time you play. There are, however, online casino sign up bonus offers you can claim to boost your bankroll – and smart betting strategies such as the basic blackjack strategy that can assist you increase the chances of a victory.
Keeping that in mind, a conservative blackjack strategy will work like this:
- Begin from the lowest bet (e.g. $1),
- Add to your bet by 1 unit only after you win, and
- Go back to the first bet after you lose.
When you utilise this blackjack strategy, you have to go back to the original bet as soon as you lose one hand. This is the very best way to be in control of your money and also end a gaming session in the black.